TUF-STRAND SF “structural fibers” are a patented polypropylene / polyethylene synthetic macro-fiber successfully used to replace steel fibers, welded wire mesh and conventional reinforcing bars in a wide variety of applications. TUF-STRAND SF fibers comply with ASTM C1116, Standard Specification for Fiber Reinforced Concrete and Shotcrete, and are specifically designed to provide equivalent tensile and bending resistance to conventional reinforcement requirements. Concrete reinforced with TUF-STRAND SF will have three-dimensional reinforcing with enhanced flexural toughness, impact and abrasion resistance and will also help mitigate the formation of plastic shrinkage cracking in concrete. Dosage rates will vary depending upon the reinforcing requirements and can range from 3.0 lbs/yd³ (1.8 kg/m³) to 20 lbs/yd³ (12 kg/m³). TUF-STRAND SF synthetic macro-fibers comply with applicable portions of the International Code Council (ICC) Acceptance Criteria AC32 for synthetic fibers, are UL certified for composite metal deck construction and are recognized within ACI 360 and SDI/ANSI-C1.0 as a reinforcing alternate to WWF.
- Equivalent strengths to WWM and rebar provided by engineering calculations. Controls and mitigates plastic-shrinkage cracking and reduces segregation and bleed water.
- Provides three-dimensional reinforcement against micro and macro-cracking
- Reduces equipment wear, fiber rebound and increases build-up thickness compared to steel fibers for shotcrete applications
- Increases overall durability, fatigue resistance and flexural toughness
- Reduction of in-place cost versus wire mesh for temperature / shrinkage crack control
- Easily added to concrete mixture at any time prior to placement
- Tested in accordance with ASTM C 1399, C 1550, C 1609 and C 1018
- Applicable for design by ACI 360 R-10
- Certified for use by UL/ULC for D900 Series metal deck assemblies as alternate to WWF (CBXQ.R13773)
- Thin walled pre-cast (septic tanks, vaults, walls, etc.)
- Shotcrete for tunnel linings, pool construction and slope stabilization
- Pavements and white-toppings
- Slab on grade and elevated construction (distribution centers, warehouses, etc.)
- ASTM C1116
- ASTM D7508
- UL D900 CBXQ.R13773
TUF-STRAND SF fibers are packaged in 3.0 lb (1.36 kg), 4.0 lb (1.81 kg) and 5.0 lb (2.27 kg) water soluble bags.