Micro-Synthetic Fiber, Fine Denier Monofilament
PSI FIBERSTRAND MULTI-MIX 80 is a fine denier monofilament polypropylene micro-fiber for concrete reinforcement that complies with ASTM C 1116, Standard Specification for Fiber Reinforced Concrete and Shotcrete, and is specifically designed to help mitigate the formation of plastic shrinkage cracking in concrete. Typically used at a dosage rate of 0.5 lb/yd³ (0.3 kg/m³), PSI FIBERSTRAND Multi-Mix 80 micro-fibers will greatly reduce plastic shrinkage cracking when compared to plain concrete. PSI FIBERSTRAND Multi-Mix 80 micro-fibers also comply with applicable portions of the International Code Council (ICC) Acceptance Criteria AC32 for synthetic fibers.
Features & Benefits
- Controls and mitigates plastic shrinkage cracking
- Reduces segregation and bleed-water
- Provides three-dimensional reinforcement against micro-cracking
- Increases surface durability, impact and abrasion resistance
- Reduction of in-place cost versus wire mesh for non-structural temperature / shrinkage crack control
- Easily added to concrete mixture at any time prior to placement
- Flatwork for industrial, commercial and residential concrete projects
- Footings, foundations, walls and tank applications
- Stucco, concrete pipe, vault structures and pre-cast / pre-stressed beams
Specifications / Compliances
- ASTM C1116
- ASTM D7508
PSI FIBERSTRAND Multi-Mix 80 micro-fibers are packaged in 0.5 lb (0.23 kg), 1.0 lb (0.45 kg) and 1.5 lb (0.68 kg) water soluble bags. Special packaging configurations are also available upon request.